The 2013 Grand National takes place this weekend with 39 declared runners all vying to write themselves into the history books of winning this gruelling 4mile chase over the worlds biggest fences.
View our Grand National Free Bets, Preview, Tips and Predictions for the big reace that can be seen exclusively Live on Channel 4 High Definition, with the race scheduled to begin at 16:15pm (BST).
2013 Grand National Free Bets, Betting Preview, Tips & Predictions
An important factor to consider when going about choosing your selection for the Grand National is to check the Trends as with the race having been run numerous amounts of times now, the statistical mathematicians have been recording all the important positives and negatives that coincides with the chances of each horse in the race.
Grand National Trends
OFFICIAL RATING : 21 of the last 22 winners of the race have had a mark of 138 or higher, so those rated below 138 are unlikely to be in with a chance of winning the race.
WEIGHT : With the race run over a gruelling 4m 3 furlongs it is considered that any horse carrying a weight of 11st 5lb will struggle as only six horses have carried more than 11st 5lbs to victory since 1945.
AGE : Every winner of the race since WWII (1946) has been between the age group of 8 to 12yrs old.
RECENT FORM : The previous year’s Irish Grand National race has been a decisive key to a horses chance in the Grand National and 22 of the last 22 winners have all had their latest run before the Grand National within 55 days.
PRICE : There have been 3 big shocks in the past 6 years, with two 33/1 winners in 2007 and 2012 and a 100/1 winner in 2009.
Sky Bet £10 Free Bets No Deposit Required Promotion
Sky Bet are currently running a fantastic promotion at the moment for all horse racing fans and all the details of this limited time promotion can be seen below.
- Register a New Account with Sky Bet using your PC, Mac, Tablet or Mobile Phone and receive £10 Free Bets with absoloutely No Deposit Required !
- Continue to wager at least £5 Every Week on any Betting Event taking place and receive a £5 Free Bet each week until the end of the 2012/13 Season.
2013 Grand National Predictions
The Grand National is a race that has captured people’s attention for many years and the local high street bookmaker offices on a saturday morning before the big event are packed to capacity with people placing their betting slips across the counters in the hope that this year could be the one where they have finally picked the winner.
Picking the winner of the Grand National is very similar to winning the Lottery as with the numerous amounts of six feet high or above fences for the horses to navigate round a lot of luck is required, but your chances can be increased by following the Grand National Trends list mentioned above.
Having spent a few hours on friday morning going through all the runners and riders I have compiled a short list of who I will be having my hard earned cash on tomorrow afternoon and below are my selections along with my reason’s of why I think they can be involved in the finish of what is no doubt the best horse racing event in the world.
1. Chicago Grey @ 14/1 with Paddy Power who are offering Each Way pay outs on the first Five Places home. Was unlucky last year, when being brought down early on in the race and if kept out of trouble this time around has more than a decent chance of being involved in the finish. His trainer won the race back in 2007 with Silver Birch and which was the last time the race was won by an Irish trainer, but with Chicago Grey in excellent form of late he has every chance to have the Irish celebrating another winner.
2. TeaForThree @ 16/1 with Ladbrokes, unfortunately only 4 Places available for Each Way pay outs. This horse attacks his fences really well and should have no problem getting round or staying the distance in this race. The trainer has spent all season preparing him for this race and with the talented Nick Schofield on board he should also be thereabouts in the finish.
3. ForPaddyDePlasterer @ 66/1 with BetVictor who are also offering Each Way pay outs on the first Five Places home. This horse ticks all the boxes when it comes to checking the trends for this race and as a former Arkle Chase winner he certainly knows how to get his head in front when it matters and at a big price could be the value here for each way backers.
An exciting race in prospect and one that will no doubt have its fair share of thrills and spills along the way, the fences have become a lot easier to get over in recent years which should see a large number of the 39 declared horses coming home unscathed with hopefully all of my selections being among those.
The Scout’s 2013 Grand National Free Bets, Tips, Picks & Predictions
- Take Chicago Grey Each Way @ 14/1 with Paddy Power : Register a New Account Today & Receive £50 Free Bets to Get You Started !
- Take TeaForThree Each Way @ 16/1 with Ladbrokes : Register a New Account Today & Receive £30 Free Bets to Get You Started !
- Take ForPaddyDePlasterer Each Way @ 67/1 with BetVictor : Register a New Account Today & Receive £25 Free Bets to Get You Started !
2013 Grand National Free Bets and Money Back Specials
Here at Freebetstoday.co.uk we aim to deliver the very best Free Bets currently available on the Internet as well as non-biased Betting Previews and Free Tips on all the Live Sporting Events we cover to our visitors.